Do I get a revision, when I have paid for liposuction and need the gland removed, because of doctors judgement? (Photo)

I had "Gynecomastia surgery" 6 weeks from now, 2 nov. Doctor told me to only go for liposuction, since he ment that my "Tissue/gland" was not big. He is a cirtificate doctor in sweden and norway. SO i belived him, and went with his opinion, belived liposuction could remove the gland. "Many have told me that i should've only gone for the Gland and for local anestisia, instead of "liposuction and full anestisia". What rights do i have, revision? - Norway, im a student - 3000 usd of hard work..

Do I Require a Revision

It's still very early in your healing process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Results

At this point, you will still have some element of swelling so you will probably need additional time to see the final result of your surgery.  I recommend that you return to your surgeon to calmly discuss your concerns.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and I agree with you that you should have had excision.  That said discuss your concerns with your surgeon as he will probably want to make it right

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Poor gynecomastia

From your photos it seems that you have drastic asymmetry not only with regards to glandular tissue but also the peripheral fat between the two sides.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Do I get a revision, when I have paid for liposuction and need the gland removed, because of doctors judgement?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  You may still have some residual swelling that will improve given enough time, but without an in-person examination it is difficult to make recommendations as your photographs do not demonstrate the residual glandular tissue well.  I would calmly voice your concerns with your surgeon, they ultimately want you to be happy with your results and can help provide reassurance that your results are appropriate and will continue to improve or offer a revision if needed.