Blue veins on legs. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have these really visible veins on my legs, is there any treatment that can help the appearance of these? I noticed that my father also has them but his are more of the vericosis type standing out of the skin a little bit. P

Sclerotherapy for leg veins

These are very small veins but unfortunaltely, most are on the tibial plateau and microphlebectomy is not the best treatment option. Sclerotherapy would be the best treatment option. Find a certified vein specialist from the ABVLM. 

Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS

Leg Vein Treatment

There are a few vein treatment methods which may be successful, including sclerotherapy. Your best option would be to schedule a consultation with an expert and get a professional evaluation in person before making a decision.

Eric Seiger, DO
Fenton Dermatologist

Blue leg veins

These bluish green veins in your legs are called reticular veins and there are treatments available to diminish them, such as sclerotherapy.  More importantly, if vein disease runs in your family and you have any symptoms such as aching, heaviness, fatigue, swelling etc. then you should be evaluated with an ultrasound to see if you suffer from venous reflux disease before undergoing any treatments.

Lisa Perez, MD
Atlanta Physician

Blue leg veins.

What your pictures show are blue (reticular) veins.  The treatment for these veins is sclerotherapy.  If your father has veins then this would increase your risk of  having veins and, if you have many veins, then a venous duplex exam for reflux would determine the status of the valves in your veins. See a vein specialist for an evaluation.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon