How soon after breast augmentation can one have an abdominal liposuction done?

Hello! I'm three weeks post op, and considering booking a new consult with my surgeon for a stomach lipo. I've read somewhere that there should be at least three months between surgeries. Is that sufficient, in general, or should one wait even longer? I understand that this probably is individual, just curious to hear general recommendations. Thanks!

The amount of time between surgeries will depend upon the surgeon and the surgeries performed.  The two areas are different so you may be able to have surgery done sooner.

Liposuction of abdomen after breast augmentation

In general it is always best to allow your body time to heal itself before moving forward with another procedure. That being said, if you are no longer suffering any symptoms from your augmentation, then lipo should not present a problem. Anemia is one of the concerns immediately after surgery, but 3 weeks should be enough time to have recovered from any significant blood loss from your augmentation. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How soon to have second procedure after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Actually you can have a second procedure at any time, provided it isn't in or near your surgical area. Generally most women wait 3 months or longer - to feel fully healed. But surgery as early as 6 weeks or less is reasonable - as long as you rely on your surgeon to tell you if s/he thinks your healing is such that you should wait longer.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How soon next procedure

Thank you for your question. I recommend usually at least three months to wait for next procedure provided no other issues.

Time interwal between Breast Implant and Liposuction

If you  are feeling almost normal  from breast surgery  you can go ahead with  abdominal liposuction at any time now

we at india do such surgery at week interwal also  if  patient is comfortale  and haemoglobine is normal

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  As you mentioned this will vary by individual but once you are comfortable from your augmentation, with little pain, soreness or discomfort you should be able to have liposuction performed.  I would recommend at least 3-6 months.  Hope this helps.

When to do breast augmentation.

I also like to wait 3 months between procedures. This allows your body to recover better and get healthy again. Liposuction and breast augmentation are both safe operations that make women feel and look more beautiful. Best of luck! Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD