What is the difference between a metal bridge and a lava bridge?

Metal vs lava bridge #DrSoftTouch

A metal bridge is made out of just that, metal. It may or may not be covered with porcelain. The base of a lava bridge is made of zirconia rather than metal, and is covered by porcelain. Lava bridges are much more esthetically pleasing, especially when used to replace front teeth. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Metal vs. Lava Bridge

Hi:

A Metal bridge is made out of either non precious or prescious metal (gold).  A metal bridge can be also covered with porcelain or just metal.  The Lava Bridge has a core of zirconium covered by porcelain.  The main advantage of Metal bridge is that it does not break or fracture like porcelain bridges.  The main disadvantage is that it is not aesthetic like porcelain bridge.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist