Brazilian butt lift; Can you remove the little fat that's in my chin ?

I am getting a Brazilian butt lift and I just had a random question. Can you remove the little fat that's in my chin (double chin) and transfer that into my butt as well along with the other fat?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. During liposucion surgery some other extra areas can be worked too, of course, but remember about the hemoglobin levels..

BBL

Thank you for your question. Fat can be harvested from virtually any part of your body. You however need to have a good amount of fat to see good results so you'll need several other areas to harvest the fat from as well. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon about the possible places of your body that the fat can be harvested from. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

BBL : Which fat to use?

BBL requires placement of all the fat you can obtain into the buttocks. This does not exclude the chin area as well; the limiting component to BBL is the amount of fat you have. We encourage our patient to have all of their fat removed in order to optimize your results; areas include: under chin, arm, arm pit, abdomen, upper back, mid back, lower back, pubic region, lateral thighs, medial thighs, and medial knees.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

It depends! :)

This is a great question. It is certainly possible to use facial fat in a butt lift, but the volume of facial fat is generally very small and most people need a significant volume of fat for an adequate butt lift. Some people, in fact, need more than one procedure to get the long term results that they desire because not all of the transferred fat survives.

Also the quality of facial fat is much different from the quality of fat elsewhere in the body. It is much better and more vascular and in my opinion is best used elsewhere in the face where many people need a little extra volume (cheeks, nasolabial folds). I rarely use facial fat in the buttocks.

But this is something that you will want to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon before your procedure so that you are both on the same page and so valuable facial fat is not squandered.

Good luck to you!

Amir Nasir, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon