What is best cut for inner thigh lift?

I lost some weight and I am 60+ so I have sagy inner thigh I asked a plastic surgeon to have a lift and tighten it he said we will do it bikini cut, I went for a second plastic surgeon and he said it should be from the groin to the knee, if I do it bikini cut my vagina or something to that effect will drop because their is nothing to hang on to. Is this correct I don't want to do it and have problem later specially that I had a full hesterectomy 10 years ago.

Best incision for thigh lift.

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. There is no correct incision.  It depends on where and how bad your skin laxity is. If your skin laxity is in the upper third of the thigh then a groin incision is appropriate.  There are areas to suture to but labia distortion is a possibility but should not occur if done correctly.  If the skin laxity goes beyond the upper third then a groin to knee incision is appropriate.  This scar typically heals very nicely. You probably need more opinions before making a decision. Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What incision is best?

This can only be answered after a good examination. In general, the more loose skin that is present, the greater chance will be that you will require and incision from the groin toward the knee, and sometimes right up to the knee. The groin lift is usually used for only small amounts of excess skin. The scars often drift downward and in a swimsuit, are more obvious than a scar down the inside of the leg.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

What is best cut for inner thigh lift?

Thank you for your question.  The best incision for an inner thigh lift depends on the extent of loose excess skin.  If minimal, it may be restricted to the groin.  If extensive, the incision would need to extend along the inner thigh towards the knee.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thigh lift - best approach after major weight loss

Thank you for asking about your thigh lift.
  • It truly depends on how much needs to be corrected.
  • Usually after losing so much weight, you do need the medial long leg thigh lift.
  • The thigh lift done with just a groin incision is prone to the scar moving down - if it is not well secured.
  • So unless there is only excess skin in the upper leg, the second surgeon's advice is better.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Inner Thigh Lift

Hello,Removing a crescent shaped piece of skin leaving only a 'bikini' incision should be for minimal upper thigh laxity. Surgeons not expert in this surgery or when excessive amounts of skin are removed can lead to scar drift in the downward direction.  A full inner thigh lift with its long, axially oriented incision is the only way to address the entire thigh properly.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS