Would going larger fill out my pocket size more? (Photo)

I had posted before that my implants have too much skin left over and fall to the sides when laying down and basically end up in my armpit. I spoke with my surgeon he agreed I needed another lift to remove the extra skin. He however doesn't seem to think I need a pocket revision. I would like a fuller look and definitely agree I need another lift. Would getting a larger implant fill out my pocket more when I lay down?

Pocket revision breast implant revision

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. Generally speaking implants which are moved to the side when lying down need to be repositioned by closing the pocket. I prefer replacing smooth implants with textured cohesive gel silicone implants to avoid this from happening in the future. You would need a consultation for precise recommendations.

Breast implants fall to the side - is a larger implant the answer?

Thank you for your question about your breast implant revision.
  • This is a complex issue and should be thoroughly discussed with your surgeon but in general -
  • You will get a fuller look with a smaller implant pocket.
  • A larger implant will give you more implant under your arm pit - it will not solve the problem.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant and lift issue

I think that without an exam it is impossible to answer your questions.  A thorough exam in person will definitely provide the appropriate information to answer your questions. Good luck!

Would going larger fill out my pocket size more?

Practices will vary; in my practice, I would be concerned that simply using a larger breast implant and revising the breast lift may not  provide you with a long-term improvement in breast implant position.  In other words, I would be concerned that you will continue to experience breast implant displacement  laterally.  Communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon again; if in doubt, seek additional opinions from well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples   helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. Best wishes.

Careful

From you photos and description, I would be careful. A larger implant may not help much and further skin resection might cause unnecessary without much gain. Get more opinions form experienced surgeons if you can. Hope this helps.
Leland Deane MD FACS
Babylon, NY
Garden City, NY

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon