Any suggestions for Juvederm injections for Marionette lines?

I first had Juvederm injected (Marionette) 3 years ago. It lasted about 13-14 months. Since then, and using another Dr., I've had to go back sometimes 2-4x a year?? Can you tell me why?

Marionette lines and juvederm fillers

As you are a bit older since your first treatment, and ageing is sadly an on going process 
what was effective 3 years ago need not be the case now.
having said that, longevity of the filler is due to the choice, as different juvederm products have different longevities.
Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon

Filler product

Some filler products last longer than others.  Not sure why you had to get it done more than 2x /year?  Good luck.

Juvederm vs other fillers

Thank you for your question. Juvederm typically lasts 6-9 months in that area of the face. PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is another great option. It can last for years and is derived from you own blood. Usually 2 treatments (or 3) is sufficient. Make an appointment with a specialist using this filler to learn more. 

Juvederm for Marionette Lines

You may want to consider using Radiesse since it lasts longer and promotes collagen production.  Juvederm is a fine option, but it does not last as long as Radiesse before the body breaks it down - 6 months versus 12-18 months.  We would love to have you join us in the office to consider if this would be a good option for you.

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm injections

There are a few factors to consider but maybe ask which type of filler was used? Voluma lasts 18-24 months and has great results in this area. Could also be the placement of the filler on the lower face area. This is an advanced technique so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Juvederm Injections for Lines and Longevity

Juvederm is a great injections for the smile lines.  Juvederm generally lasts a year in the marionette lines.  Perhaps the product is being placed too superficially and not lasting as long.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with cosmetic injections for the best cosmetic results.

Why is my Juvederm not lasting as much as it did a few years ago?

Thank you for your question.  Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler and is quite soft and natural when placed in the appropriate location.  It is hard to say why you may not be getting the duration that you had in the past.  Different physicians, different techniques, different amounts these are all factors that can impact the outcome.  Having said that I have not had a patient that saw good duration followed by short duration.  I have seen patients who had Juvederm go away in just a few short weeks.  Even after multiple treatments it would disappear in rapid fashion.  The consensus opinion was that her body was breaking it down in an expedited fashion.  She then went to a different product- Radiesse which is calcium hydroxyapatite product with good success.  Follow up with your treating physician and discuss your concerns.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Usually lasts longer

juvederm usually lasts up to a year; however, if you lost weight in your face then the grooves or hollows may recur sooner.  Placement of the product is important to yield optimal results.  

Juvederm for Marionette Lines

Not sure why you  have had such short intervals of longevity.    You might try Juvederm Voluma which has a 2 year longevity and works well in the Marionette lines.    My Best,  Dr C