I have had a puffiness under one eye for a couple of years. Wondering what it could be, and if it could be treated? (photo)

Puff is unilateral and sometimes has a bluish tinge, sometimes almost looks as though a vein is protruding. Consult with PS was inconclusive, it's not herniated, apparently. Extracranial soft tissue MRI showed no well-defined mass, but "plaque-like soft tissue thickening" which could represent scarring or fibrous tissue. Any thoughts about what this puff might be? Can it be treated?

Doctor Answers 1

See a Specialist

You should consult a subspecialist in Ophthalmology referred to by serveral names-Ophthalmic Plastic
Surgeon, Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon, or Oculoplastic Surgeon. They specialize in such problems. To
expediite your evaluation, bring in copies of your scans, not just the written reports. 

Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.