No hair loss after multiple IPL sessions

Hi, I had my fourth StarLux IPL session (in 5 months) for bikini hair removal three weeks ago but still can not see any reduction in hair growth, at all.. My beauty techician gradually upped the strength as we saw no results with the setting being on 25. Last session it was on 35 but still no hair has fallen out. I've got fair skin and dark blond hair, but was told that this specific machine works on blond hair too. Is there any point buying any more sessions? Thanks

​Find an Experienced Provider with Good Equipment that is Regularly Calibrated

It could be that your hair color is too light or the laser wasn't properly calibrated.

Newer lasers have features built in (such as sapphire cooling tips) to make them more comfortable.  Some of the newer technology is also more efficient, allowing for lower energy settings to be used with better results and less discomfort.  For any laser treatment, safety is the most important consideration.   In the state of Texas, every new laser patient has to be seen by a medical practitioner.  At that point, they can determine if you can be safely treated with their laser.

We recommend finding an experienced and reputable provider in your area with updated equipment.  Calibration and power of the laser is important for a safe, comfortable and effective treatment.  Find out what laser they will use and if it is under a maintenance contract.  If their laser isn’t calibrated on a regular basis or is underpowered, your treatment may be painful or inefficient. We can't comment on the laser you mentioned.  It doesn't have the power & features we required.

Fort Worth Physician