Capsular contracture again - I had ba 10 months ago. (photos)

Over the muscle and silicone. I got cc 3 months post op and had revision surgery 3 months ago. Literally as that revision healed my other breast went hard overnight. I have been to see my surgeon with not much luck for a revision on this side due to being out of warranty but neither did he confirm it was cc. How likely is it that both breast cc? Could it be a rupture?and why so early after op. I fear that I have no choice but to remove as I simply can't afford it

Early Capsular Contracture

Developing capsular contracture at different times in each breast is definitely possible even this early after breast augmentation, so how to handle your situation effectively and economically is the question for you.  No online opinion can take the place of an examination by an experienced breast augmentation surgeon, so I strongly encourage you to have that discussion.  If you do have revision surgery there are several options to consider.  These include removing the implants and the capsular scar tissue and not replacing them, possibly performing a breast lift, and / or changing the location of the implant from over to under the muscle. There are a lot of factors to consider as you make your decision so being well educated in your choices and their consequences is critical, and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to help you arrive at a decision that is best for you.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants - another capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question about your breast implants and capsular contracture.
  • Your surgeon's exam is necessary to know if you have a capsular contracture.
  • Yes, women can get contractures on both sides - at different times.
  • We know they are an inflammatory response - but we don't always know the cause.
  • A rupture is unlikely but I have seen it happen - an ultrasound can be done to tell you.
  • If you cannot live with the situation, then your best choice is to have them removed.
  • Depending on the implant size and your tissues, a small breast lift to tighten the breast will often give a pretty result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Capsular Contracture

I have seen this on a few occasions where a patient has a capsular contracture in one breast, and develops it on the other side after the first side has been treated.  It may simply be the way your body responds to implants.  Removing both implants is an option, as once you have a capsular contracture, you are always at risk of it developing again. I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture?

You would have to be seen in person to determine what is going on. A photo is usually not the way to diagnose a capsular contracture. It requires a good exam.