No capsular contracture or rupture. (photo)

11 months post op one revision surgery on left breast right breast now rock solid. Had second opinion from another surgeon as I'm not getting anywhere with mine. He said my revision had bottomed out ? And that the right was likely to be cc. Gp referred me to breast clinic where they have done ultrasound they said there is no rupture and no cc. And therefore implant must be causing the problem and is likely to be faulty. Is this possible ?

Capsular contracture

Thank you for your question. A capsular contracture is determined by physical exam and not by ultrasound. The integrity of the implant can be seen on Ultrasound depending on the experience of the radiologist. If you are having problems I recommend a follow up with your plastic surgeon or a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck with your recovery.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

A capsular contracture is appreciated on physical exam. It is not diagnosed on ultrasound.  If you have issues with your implants, then an exam in person is best to review your options.  Good luck.

Breast augmentation implant firmness

Ultrasound is good for determining the integrity of an implant, MRI is better. Ultrasound interpretation will not read a contracture. Capsular contracture is a physical diagnosis made by a plastic surgeon when he examines your implant. Monolukirst or Zafilukurst may help control the contracture by affecting the microfibrills that cause the contracture. Ultrasound may help and depending on your implant type massage may help. See your plastic surgeon for best advise. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon