Can the asymmetry of my nose be corrected? What has gone wrong? (Photo)

I had a closed rhinoplasty 12 of july 2016 , The bump was removed but wanted also the length of the nose to be shortened but did not happen , I still cant breath after 4 months , I think i will Need to have it done again in 7 months time as its not right at all, What shall I exactly ask to be done ? Please someone to guide me Thanks

The asymmetry probably can be improved significantly. But big caveat ...

The tip of your nose is quite distorted, with the two cartilages that form the tip sitting in very different positions. If they weren't like that before surgery -- and the surgeon didn't elevate the tip of your nose to make it shorter either -- then that's strong evidence that you should not allow your surgeon to perform the revision. A revision operation is far, far more difficult and complex than a primary, and if the surgeon missed by so much in the first operation, he probably wouldn't have a prayer of getting it right in the revision.

I usually make morphs when I'm answering questions like this, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty, but unfortunately the photos you submitted aren't good enough for making morphs. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

That Web reference page also contains a discussion of how to tell whether your primary surgeon should be performing your revision.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon