I was just curious if I was able to get the lump removed from my nose after I broke it 2 years ago? (Photos)

I broke my nose 2 years ago and it is still straight but I was just generally curious if there was anything I could do to remove the lump that it caused

Rhinoplasty for a broken nose

Hi Darcy, A rhinoplasty should be able to correct the problems you have developed since the fracture. It is important to determine what your ultimate goal is; it it just to restore your nose to how it was pre injury or to modify it to a somewhat different shape. Try to find some old photos to bring along to your consultation as these will help in determining what is possible. Your surgeon should be able to do some imaging to show you the effect of various changes as well as examine your airway to determine if there are any other problems associated with the fracture.good luck

Fractured nose.

Hi there. Yes all of what you ask for is possible.
However it is unlikely the lump is totally related to the trauma and old photos would be a good guide. From what I can see you would need a full rhinoplasty to fix this if we are both looking at the same thing, ie the bump on the dorsum of your nose.  You need a full assessment by a rhinoplasty specialist.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Hump Removal

Dear darcyyparker:
Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery, can generally improve the appearance and shape of the nose.
Please see an experienced, Board Certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.
Warmest wishes,Dr. Fan

Larry Fan, MD

Nasal Bump After Injury

The area that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. . Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Robert Singer, MD FACS La Jolla, California 

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty hump removal

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on your photographic evaluation, you have a mild hump  deformity which can be easily removed with a delicate rasping technique. You are an ideal candidate.  Make sure you choose a surgeon board certified in either ENT surgery or plastic surgery or both and they specialize in cosmetic rhinoplasty.  Best wishes in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Bump after nasal fracture

This is a very common concern after nasal trauma.  As the nose heals, a callus can form in the area where the cartilage meets the nasal bones.  This can be addressed through incisions inside the nose, if these are the only changes desired.  If you were to want any changes to the nasal tip, further incisions would be needed.  You would likely need an external splint for around 1 week after surgery, and there can be some mild to moderate bruising as well.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.
After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal Deformity after Injury

The answer is yes, you can have your nasal bones fixed via rasping and an open reduction of your nasal bone fracture with external stabilization. Should you choose to have any additional changes to the shape and appearance of your nose however, you would need to consider a rhinoplasty. 
I recommend you have a consultation with an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon for an opinion on how to best proceed. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon