Do my breasts look like they are healing properly from a Breast Lift? (photos)

I am 8 days post op, and I am noticing that the scars are starting to form. They look very red and a little bunched. Please note that not all of the stitches have dissolved yet, but my right breast looks worse than the right one. I want to know if this is normal for the healing process or should I be concerned?

Healing

Yes, after only 8 days, you see me to be on the right track.  If you have any concerns, I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Incisions and breast lift

At 8 days your incisions appear to be healing well. They will take up to a year or more for the incisions to mature.  Best of luck.

Healing after a breast lift

From your photographs it seems you are right on track as far as what we expect the healing to look like at this point. Also, it seems like you are going to have a very nice result.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing at 8 Days

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Since you are still early in the healing process it is likely that you do not have anything to worry about since the stitches need to finish dissolving and then the incisions will need more time to settle, However, if you are concerned about the healing at all it is best to contact your surgeon and schedule an appointment to have the area examined for proper healing.

Looks normal

It looks like you’re recovering well. Incisions and scars always look worse before they get better, so please give it some time. It takes about a year for scars to fade. If you have any concerns, or see/feel any unusual changes in your recovery, please contact your surgeon.