Any Surgical Options? (Photo)

I have been suffering from a hair loss for months due to major chemical burns on my scalp and I wanted to ask if there is a way of fixing the pattern of bald patches that are the result of my hairdresser's mishap? I'm willing to try anything to have a normal head of hair again. Thank you.

Options

your best option is to have a consultation with a hair transplant surgeon who can examine your scalp, and discuss the non surgical options and determine if you are a candidate based on what he/she sees in person. it is difficult to determine this from photographs.

Chicago Physician

Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chicago Physician

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

There are many options I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation first to determine what is the best combination.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non-surgical option

A Non-surgical option would be scals micropigmentation which can be seen in the attachments below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Non-surgical option

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Chemical burns

You are not a surgical candidate. There may or may not be non surgical options but your dermatologist would need to see your scalp up close. 

I see chemical burns after visits to hair salons at an ever increasing rate. I'm not sure why it's occurring as a semi epidemic but I do believe it is. the story is typical in most cases.

1. Product applied to scalp

2. burning sensation within seconds to minutes. Patient says "get this off my scalp"

3. product is removed

4. Hair loss days to weeks later

Some of these stories lead to thinning, some lead to actual bald scarred spots where the product was applied. ALL are associated with inflammation. The reason this is important is because targeting inflammation is so important in the early stages. This is best done with topical and injectable steroids and rarely oral anti-inflammatories like doxycycline. Some patients improve a lot, some a bit and some actually worsen over time.

I can't comment on your specific story without all the facts, but I'd encourage you to see a dermatologist specializing in hair loss. A biopsy may or may not be needed depending on how much itching, burning and/or tenderness you had at the time AND how much you have now.

Surgery is not an option.

Chemical burns

1. Product applied to scalp

3. product is removed

4. Hair loss days to weeks later

Surgery is not an option.