Breasts look deformed. Should I be worried??? Help! (photo)

1 week post op and I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I feel like they don't look like what they're supposed to. In my instructions it said that it was ok to sleep on the side of U weren't sleeping on ur implant. And I tend to sleep on my left side, which has the deformed breasts. Should I be worried???

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. At one week post-op, you actually look quite normal. However, your breast implants do appear to be large for your frame and skin envelope. It can take several weeks to several months for your skin envelopes to grow to accommodate the size of your implants. Once this occurs, your breasts will settle and look more natural. If you continue to have concerns, schedule an appointment to discuss this situation with your plastic surgeon, and then closely follow his/her advice.

Breasts look deformed. Should I be worried???

1 week postop is too early to be concerned after your breast augmentation. Your breast implants will take weeks to months to stretch their pockets and settle. Have patience. The appearance of your breasts will continue to improve. Thank you for sharing your photos. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast deformity?

I think your breasts look good and normal for 1 week post surgery.  The breast tend to soften and drop some, with improving shape as swelling dissipates over the course of several weeks.  Please give your body time to heal.   Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon.   

Steven Svehlak, MD

One week

At one week, it is quite common to look like you do. Please follow your surgeon's advice. If you have any concerns, please ask your surgeon.  Your breasts will change over the next several weeks as you heal.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

One week post operative

At only one week postop based on your photos it seems as though you are on track for healing. Typically it takes a full 6 weeks to 3 months for implants to settle and swelling to subside. Continue to follow up with your chosen surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

One week post op

It is too early in your recovery to determine how your breasts will look once healing has completed.  At this phase, the breasts are still swollen and have not yet had a chance to soften and drop into the pocket.  Continue to heed your surgeon's instructions and know that final results from your surgery won't be seen for a few months yet.  If you have concerns about your progress, you should always check with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Camille Cash, MD

1 week

In general, I would not want to comment on improperly posed photos.  Arms should be at the sides, since raising them lifts the breasts, with or without implants, and often asymmetrically since the chest muscles are not even. 

That said, I see nothing troublesome in the photos as posted.  One week is not an appropriate time for judging the outcome. Follow with your surgeon. All the best.