I'm looking for the cause of my droopy nose. I'm scared because as I get older my nose will get droopier. (Photo)

my nose is droopy bcuz wen i young i used to pull down on my nose and when i used to drink bottle water and juices i would take the tip of bottle and to push againts the tip of my nose downwards which made it droopy. My mom has cute small nose its like round. My father has perfect nosebridge and it straight, pointy. i think of sugery but only cause i want to fix what i messed up not to play with the creation of my face.i need to know if Its posible that i cause the droopy nose or if its natural?

Don't look for causes of your nose.

I doubt pulling on your nose caused the appearance and the idea that noses get more droopy with age goes back to the days most people had their teeth extracted. I agree find a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of noses and have your consult. If you feel you don't have a good connection, have a second consult.

Frederick Plastic Surgeon

I'm looking for the cause of my droopy nose. I'm scared because as I get older my nose will get droopier

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I'm looking for the cause of my droopy nose. I'm scared because as I get older my nose will get droopier.

The nose can be refined and reduced with a closed rhinoplasty to address your concerns and still maintain a natural appearance.

Droopy nose

It is highly unlikely to cause a droopy nose by the way you described it. It is more likely that it is genetically caused.

Fixing My Droopy Nose

In 35+ years I've never seen a patient cause a long nose with a droopy tip; if that was possible I have a patient with a short nose massage the tip to avoid surgery. It's in your genes regardless of the appearance of your parent's noses. With rhinoplasty surgery you can shorten your nose and straighten your bridge. Work with a surgeon who devotes most of his practice to rhinoplasty surgery so you achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty for droopy tip

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address lifting  the droopy tip  and shaving down the dorsal hump. To prevent the tip from drooping with smiling, releasing the depressor septi ligament is required. Proper tip support will also be required to be performed during the rhinoplasty procedure to make sure the tip does not droop afterwards.

Correction of Droopy Nose

It is possible that your droopy nose is simply natural. That being said, it is possible to correct this via surgery, or rhinoplasty. I recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who does rhinoplasties all the time. Together you can discuss your wishes for the appearance of your nose and what is surgically attainable. Best regards.

Jaime Perez, MD

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD