Mini Tummy Tuck and breast lift too much at once?

I had consult with doctor who said I could do breast lift and tummy tuck all in one surgery that he estimated to take 4 hours.. At first I was All about this but now I am feeling apprehensive about such a long surgery at one time and then sending me home. Is it better/safer to do 2 separate procedures, I know financially it is better to do at once but I want to error on the side of caution. Also recovering from 2 areas at once seems like ALOT... Please advise.. Thank you.

Combination surgery

It is always difficult to comment without seeing photos and ideally examining you. The combination surgery you suggest is commonly performed and it might be worth speaking to previous patients who have had this combination. Of course you could separate the two if you have concerns. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Hello, Dear thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any individual or combined intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing.

In addition, it should take into account the physical and psychological conditions of the patient, as much of this will depend recovery.

If you want to perform various cosmetic procedures, the ideal is to assist cosmetic surgery clinics serious, professional and guaranteed, request an appointment valuation and professional plastic surgeon evaluate the types of interventions you want as your physical condition and health, to see whether or not feasible to perform at the same time.

Best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  This is safe to do so as long as you are a good surgical candidate.  These are procedures that are commonly done together.  Be sure you are seeing in a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without more information on your health. Generally speaking, it is safe to undergo a breast lift at the same time as a tummy tuck procedure. That said, make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Dr. Derby Sang

Combining procedures is very common in plastic surgery, these two procedures can be safely performed.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mini-tummy tuck and breast lift all at same time?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast lift.

• I understand your anxiety but I think these two procedures are fine at the same time.
  • We know that the safe limit of surgery is 6 hours so you are well inside the safe limit.
  • Also a breast lift usually causes very little pain. It is unlikely to make your recovery more stressful.
  • Today people often go home after major surgery and do very well - if they have the help they need.
  • That said, discuss your concerns with your own surgeon too and in the end, do what seems better for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hi.. thank you for the question... This is very common combination of procedures, it is safe depending on the health condition of the patient. If the patient is healthy and the complete blood count its normal this could be done.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Mommy makeover question

Hello and thank you for the question. Yes, it is commonly done to combine breast and tummy procedures at the same time. This is called the mommy makeover. It does take longer and you should consider 2 weeks off of work to recover. 

The safety depends on multiple factors. Your underlying health, surgical technique, type of anesthesia, and type of facility that is used. 

However, this is a procedure performed everyday in the US. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and I can appreciate your apprehension.  A combination of a tummy tuck and breast lift procedure is performed routinely for patients as a "mommy makeover" operation.  Based on the anticipated surgical time, and assuming you to be a good candidate, these two procedures can be safely performed.  You can always stage the procedures if you would like but the tummy tuck will likely be your greatest source of recovery time needed.  Hope this helps.