I had my stitches out after six days and now my eyelid has separated. How would this be rectified? (photo)

See your plastic surgeon as soon as practical for the wound to be sutured closed again.  This happens from time to time but it should not affect your final result. 

Upper eyelid separation

It might be best just to let it heal secondarily. Often this area is quite forgiving and does well with local wound care.

Open wound

Leave it alone.  I used to suture these, but have found that when you just let them heal in you never see a scar and get less inflammation.  So I no longer re-suture.  But let your surgeon know as he may like to close.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wound Dehiscence

See your Surgeon ASAP.  This happens occasionally after an upper lid blepharoplasty, usually in association with removal of a T shirt over the head.  If the wound is fresh, I generally prefer to close it.  However, it may granulate beautifully. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open incision

You should have this resutured to assure that you have the best result possible.  While it is safe to let this heal on its own without leaving a scar, the symmetry of the lid folds between the two sides may be compromised. You should see your doctor as soon as possible. Good luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wound separation post bleph

Don't be overly concerned.This will do fine and heal with no problem.Just keep it clean and it will heal well on it's own.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid separation

You should definitely seek medical attention by your surgeon. A simple revision can be performed to close the area that has opened up. 

Manish C. Champaneria, MD

Eyelid surgery

it is best to see your surgeon to evaluate the need for suture versus secondary intention healing which usually works well.  

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

What can I do for my recovery after eyelid surgery?

This is something that can be fixed in the office with a small procedure. It should be addressed as soon as possible. Click here to learn more about eyelid surgery.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Blepharoplasty Opened Incision

Thanks for your question.  Sorry for this postop wound problem occurred.  Please keep it clean and moist with antibiotic ointment. See your surgeon as soon as possible.  It may heal up well on its own but will likely due better if it is reclosed with sutures.  Good Luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon