I had septrorhinoplasy in April this year, can I wear my glasses now?

After septrorhinoplasy can I wear sunglasses.

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question! While medical recommendations will vary from patient to patient, most plastic surgeons recommend waiting 8 weeks before wearing sunglasses following rhinoplasty. Considering that you had your procedure done 3 months ago, it is most likely safe for you to wear sunglasses at this point.  However, your final advice should come from your surgeon and an assessment to ensure all is well.  An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

In our practice, eyeglasses are allowed around three weeks postoperative rhinopasty surgery.

Nasal bones that are infractured during rhinoplasty typically become fixed and immobile around 14 days postoperative. Since there is inevitably swelling, we suggest that our patients wait three weeks. Hopethis helps you.
Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses after rhinoplasty

The short answer to your question is: ask you surgeon! Only he or she knows what specifically was done in your rhinoplasty. With that said, I generally recommend to my patients to not wear glasses for at least 6 weeks after rhinoplasty; in select cases where osteotomies were done (nose was broken), I recommend not to wear glasses for up to 3 months. You can also tape the glasses to your forehead to minimize the weight and pressure on your nose. I also ask my patients to bring their glasses and sunglasses to the office for inspection and how they rest on the nose as there are multiple different designs. The weight of the glasses also vary greatly. As a rule of thumb: lighter glasses and glasses without nose pads are typically more favorable for better weight distribution. I hope this information helps. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thank you for the question. In general, we advise patients to avoid wearing any type of glasses for at least 6 weeks after surgery. Eyeglasses can be taped to the forehead to minimize any pressure on the nose while the patient is healing. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she may have specific guidelines for you to follow. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Glasses After Rhinoplasty

It would be wisest to ask your own Surgeon this specific question.  However, in my practice, I advise my patients to be careful about wearing heavier frames for at least 6 weeks after Rhinoplasty, especially if osteotomies were performed.  It takes the nasal bones 6 weeks to undergo fibrous healing, and this process is best left uninterrupted. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon