Fat above the vagina: Is there any way to get liposuction or something to make it skinny?

I am a skinny girl and my sister has always made fun of me since I was young because my area is fat. And kind of bulging. My lips are also bigger than I like. My son is now one and I noticed it only got bigger after birth I hoped it would go away but never did. I was hoping to get something done to make it look better.

Doctor Answers 12

Liposuction in the mons pubis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you refer to the mons pubis (the area right above the cleft) then liposuction can be done of that area.  If the labia themselves (majora or minora) are large, then the surgery would be aimed at improving the labia.   That can also be combined with labiaplasty.  It is best to be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in both liposuction and labiaplasty.

Below is an example of liposuction of the mons pubis. 

Fat pubic and vaginal area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I assume you are complaining about a protuberant pubic area and large, bulky outer labia (majora).   I have extensively published on these procedures in the plastic surgery literature. The pubic area can be liposuctioned if there is no excess skin. If the skin is excessive, then you may need a pubic lift with stabilization of the pubic skin to the muscles.  If your outer labia area enlarged and puffy, then skin and fat can be excised to give you a normal appearance.

Mons fat Sculpting, Reshaping & Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Great question!  This is an area of great concern to many women, many of whom are too shy to ask.  I suggest looking into the VASER Hi Def Sculpting procedure, because it does more than just reduce fat, it reshapes the mons in a way that makes it appear more youthful.  This is done by selectively removing more fat in certain parts of the mons pubis and leaving more fat elsewhere.  Three goals are accomplished:  (1)  Fat reduction 7 skin tightening, (2)  Narrowing of the mons "triangle" making the appearance of more youthfulness, and (3)  tilting the mons more acutely, which also makes its appearance more youthful appearing!

I have what I call a fat pussy. Is there any way to get liposuction or something to make it skinny?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Labiaplasty with pubic liposuction may be reasonable based upon the description presented.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Labiaplasty and mons pubis reduction in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Our office performs liposuction to correct a protuberant or enlarged mons pubis with or without a combined labiaplasty to reduce the labia minora. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Concerns down under

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
are certainly understandable but first examine your motivations.  If its affecting your psyche or intimacy, certainly pursue this further but seeing some local doctors experienced in such procedures to find out what options are available for you.  Procedures could involve liposuction and excisions and know the differences between techniques because wedges are way safer than trimming in general.  And finally, know your surgeon's revision policy in case you need it when all healed.

Labiaplasty | Mons Pubis Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. 

I'm not sure if you need reduction of the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora.....or all of it.  Pictures and a consultation would be required.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

I hope this helps.

Excess fat in vaginal area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The fat in the labia majora and mons pubis are connected. Treatment might involve liposuction of either or both areas. When I conduct these procedures, local anesthesia is usually sufficient.

#Labiaplasty - I have what I call a fat pussy.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It depends on exactly what you mean by that description.

In general, it could be one (or both) of two physical attributes, both of which could be modified via surgery.

1) FUPA - this often stands for Fat of the Upper Pubic Area.  That means fullness, presumably fat, of the region of the pubic mound, which is above (superior to) the labia (the female genitalia).  Liposuction of that region alone can produce a dramatic improvement in the appearance of that region.  Compared with lipo of other parts of the body, this region can - not surprisingly - be more uncomfortable and with a more prolonged recovery.

2) Labiaplasty - if the issue is the fullness and/or size of the external or internal lips (labia majora or minora) then either or both can undergo modification with surgery.  For the labia majora, often lipo alone will be adequate while the minora may require surgical excision of the redundant tissue.  Many different techniques have been described to accomplish this; most are versions of the central-wedge technique or a "trim" of the edge.

You should see one or more board-certified plastic surgeons to see, first of all, exactly how your appearance would be best described and, based on that, any surgical procedures that might be recommended to modify them.  Following that you'll be able to make an informed decision as to what you would like to have done.

And tell your sister to leave you alone about this....

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Mons Liposuction and Labiaplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If the area of concern is over the pubic bone (the mons), yes, liposuction can reduce the bulging. If there is also excess skin, than a monsplasty can be done to both remove skin and fat to recontour the area.  

If it's the outer lips, then surgical reduction can be done with a labia majoraplasty. A labiaplasty can contour the inner lips.

To find out what possibilities would be best for you, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to review the options for treating both your mons and labia.

Click on the link below to learn more about treatment of the bulging mons.

All the best

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.