What kind of surgery do i need to remove my bump? (photo)

Rhinoplasty

If you want your dorsal bump to softened, then you require a consultation in person to be evaluated for rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, which is composed of  bone and cartilage. Once the hump has been removed, osteotomies of the nasal bones are  required to narrow the bridge line. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

A rhinoplasty is needed to reduce your bump.

The bump on your nose is likely a combination of bone and cartilage.  The is a very common complaint for patients seeking refinement of their nose.  A rhinoplasty surgery would rasp or shave down the bump to give your nose a straighter contour on side view.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation to discuss what option would be best for you.

Removing the bump

The bump on the nose also known as a dorsal hump can be removed by a plastic surgeon performing a  rhinoplasty.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery

It looks from this picture that you have a mild or subtle nasal bump.  This should be evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon in order to assess what the appropriate management would be.  In my practice, I usually deal with small nasal bumps with an endonasal rhinoplasty where the nasal bridge can be rasped or filed down.  Each nose is different and an evaluation is required.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon