I have 2 concerns. What are the effects if I keep wearing my sports bra after breast augmentation?

2 weeks post op from breast augmentation. I was told I could wear sports bra after surgery. Is it bad to wear it all day & night? He also said I should wear the strap 24/7, over my breast to push the Silicone down because it was really high after surgery. My other concern is that the bottom of my breast seems to be a bit red & swollen, is that normal? It also feel a little hard when I massage my breast throughout the day. I don't feel any pain at all. I'm just worried because it's new to me

Follow your surgeons advice about sports bra.

If your surgeon suggested wearing a sports bra across the upper pole of your breast, it is best to follow that advice.  Your surgeon has a reason for recommending this.  The redness across the lower portion of your breast should be evaluated as soon as possible by your surgeon to be sure there is not an infection.

Bra and post-op

I do not usually have patients wear a specific bra post-op that will mold or shape them in anyway. I do  use a sports bra but it is worn for comfort. If you have redness, you should see your surgeon to rule out an infection.

Sports bra after BA

Thank you for your question. If your surgeon finds that a particular bra works well and delivers good results, you will probably have the best outcome following their instructions.  As for redness and tenderness along your incision, I would recommend contacting your PS if you have any signs of infection or abnormal healing.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon