I chipped my tooth; can it get fixed? (Photo)

Can I fixed it ?

Doctor Answers 5


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You can see your dentist and there are various options from composite repair(bonding) to veneers. 

Frisco Dentist

Chipped Tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes dear you can fix this very easily. Treatment for your chipped teeth will depend upon the size and severity of the injury. If you have small chipped tooth then dentist will simply smooth and polish them. Dental crown treatment will also work in your case.

Shahin Safarian, DMD
San Diego Dentist

How to fix a small chip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello. In my opinion if this chip really bothers you and you feel it requires fixing, the easiest and least expensive thing to do is to place  a small composite bonding in that area. Its basically a filling material which is a tooth colored  restoration and if placed properly wouldn't even be visible. However keep in mind due to biting and functioning in chewing it might require to be  replaced  once in a while. Thank you

Julia Shalit, DDS
Indianapolis Dentist

You might also like...

Chipped tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there,

The chip from the photo appears to be a very small one, and one easily addressed with some minimal composite bonding. If you see a dentist with advanced training in fillings on the front teeth, you won't be able to tell it was ever chipped!

Best of luck!

Dr. Lavigne-Wayland, Massachusetts

I chipped my tooth, can it get fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your chip is very small and your front two teeth are longer than your lateral incisors next to them.  So you could have the chip smoothed and your two front teeth would still remain longer than the laterals, without harming the integrity of them.   Or you could have the chip bonded to replace the missing piece.  The bonding might have to be replaced periodically, so you need to consider that in comparing costs and making your decision.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.