Had BA on 11/3, is this much bruising normal? (photo)

I just had my augmentation on 11/3 and am feeling about 90%... I was expecting much worse but I have noticed on my right breast my bruising is significant but is not painful at all...not really much pain, more of a tugging feeling wth certain activities

Breast Augmentation Bruising

Both breasts are bruised, with much more bruising on the right.  It is difficult to tell, but it seems that the right breast is larger.

I worry that you may have a hematoma. Please follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible to be evaluated. 

Good luck!

Is this amount of bruising normal

Thanks for your question and photo.  Based on your photo, I would recommend seeing your surgeon as soon as possible. They can assess to see if you have a hematoma on your right side. It looks much bigger to me than your left side. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Severe Bruising

Thanks for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! It's good to hear that the bruising is not painful to you, however, it is a pretty significant amount of bruising so it's probably best to seek immediate follow up with your surgeon to rule out any additional concerns that may turn problematic and jeopardize the health process. Good luck!

Bruising after Breast augmentation

Bruising can be common after breast augmentation. However, the degree of bruising that is seen on your right breast appears to be quite excessive. I urge you to see your plastic surgery within the next 24 hours if he or she has not seen the picture you have just posted to be evaluated.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

The bruising on your right side appears to be excessive. When blood accumulates in the implant pocket you usually see it the most along the gravity dependent bottom part of the breast where there is less tissue coverage.  It is important to properly diagnose and manage a hematoma to reduce the risk of future complications with your implant.  Please follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

I am so glad you are recovering well. However your are much more bruised than usual on one side and appear somewhat more swollen as well. You should contact your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen without much dela.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bruising after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Based on your picture, you have a large area of bruisisng on your right breast. Sometimes its normal to have a certain degree of bruising, but in your case its a little bit more than we would like to see. Contact your surgeon as soon as possible so he can evaluate if you have a hematoma which is a collection of blood. Best of luck.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question.  I am concerned that the bruising that you have on the right side appears more than is "normal".  I would strongly recommend a follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible to make sure that you do not have a hematoma (a collection of blood) in that breast.  Good luck!

Bruising

That's more bruising than I would like to see in my patients and it seems to be worse on the right than on the left. An ultrasound done in the office can readily discern whether small hematoma is present. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource in this situation and I recommend you be seen sooner rather than later. Congratulations on your surgery and I hope you have an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Bruising after augmentation

Hi,

While some bruising is normal, you have quite a bit on the right breast. I would recommend getting in to see your surgeon so he/she can examine you to ensure you don't have a hematoma there (collection of blood around the implant). 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX