Do I have gynecomastia or is it just fat? And do I need surgery? (Photo)

Who is a Gynecomastia Surgery Candidate

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Grade I gyno

looks like gyno from your pic.  An in person evaluation would be necessary to determine the best course of action.

This is glandular tisse,not fat

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.  
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia ("Man Boobs")

You appear to have Gynecomastia ("Man Boobs"). This can be addressed with a combination of Liposuction and breast gland excision. Las Vegas has a lot of good Plastic surgeons. You may want to look up Dr. Julio Garcia.

Good Luck

Peter ALDEA, MD

Gynecomastia

Based on the photo it appears you have gynecomastia to a small degree. However, to be certain you will need an in person evaluation.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is likely that you have combination of both on your right side.  However, it is impossible to tell without an in-person evaluation.  Please be seen by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what procedure (lipo, gland excision) would be best for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Do I have gynecomastia or is it just fat? And do I need surgery?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, based on the asymmetry seen in your photographs I would think that you do have a degree of gynecomastia.  Because gynecomastia is not a condition that is harmful or dangerous, the choice of pursuing correction is a personal one.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your concerns and understand your treatment options.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination you do appear to have gynecomastia.  So be evaluated by some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD