77 and Obese - Liposuction?

I have diabetes and am taking Xorelta for DVTs. My back constantly hurts because of extreme belly fat along with my butt and thighs - making it difficult for me to stand up and walk. I use either a cane or a walker. I'm sick and tired of always being in pain and unable to be active. Will liposuction work for me?

Consider SculpSure or Coolsculpting

Liposuction would be too dangerous with diabetes, DVT, and on blood thinners.
For sculpting down fat, one can consider using laser (SculpSure) or freezing (Coolsculpt).  Both can take down bugles that bother you.  Neither is a weight loss procedure, but can provide provide body definition in the areas treated.

Am I A Liposuction Candidate? Liposuction and Weight Loss?

Liposuction is a fine contouring cosmetic procedure and not used as a weight loss tool. I suggest consulting with a bariatric surgeon at this point to discuss weight loss and a treatment plan. When you have reached your ideal weight, liposuction can be performed for body contouring and sculpting. Best, Dr. Emer

Age, Obesity and Body contouring procedures

Age and obesity and already having had a DVT make you too high risk to even consider a body contouring procedure.  I would suggest contacting a surgeon who performs the gastric sleeve procedure to see if you might qualify - this could be a truly life changing procedure for you.

liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. It is a contouring procedure for stubborn areas of fat. You also have multiple medical problems that would make it a very risky procedure. You should look into the Orbera balloon, that along with diet and, in your case, maybe just some mild walking, would help you lose some weight very rapidly over the next 6-12 months. 

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon