4 weeks post-op from 3rd breast augmentation. Capsular contracture (for the 2nd time) - possibly developing symmastia? (Photos)

I'm 4 wks out from BA #3 (due to CC of L implant). This time we switched to submuscular (from subgland.) and used alloderm. I recently noticed when I stretch my arms apart wide there is a small portion of skin in my cleavage that elevates. Also when I lay on my back I can palpate an elevation in this spot. Is this the start of symmastia? If so, will it worsen as my implants settle? It's only noticeable in the 2 positions I mentioned. What can I do to prevent it from worsening if it is symmastia?

No symmastia

appreciated and its not likely to form in your situation from your photos.  You do have some contour irregularities and the flattened area where there was a button hole is most likely a reflection of the scarring in that area.  Regardless, with your complicated history, focus on healing and maintaining your upper pole symmetry (level right now) and once healed, then see if any of your concerns persist and then look for solutions then.  Always keep your surgeon informed of your concerns as you recover from this procedure.

Synmastia

Judging from your pictures, it does not appear you have/are developing synmastia. You are very early in the healing process so try and be patient for at least 3 or 4 months before assessing your results. Hope this helps, good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

Thank you for the photos and question and though an examination is really needed ask your surgeon about a symmastia bra to relieve some of your concerns though clearly you do not have symmastia now

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD