Three weeks post op. Will they be more symmetrical? Wrong size implants used? (Photo)

After having my daughter my breasts became very uneven. It was very important to achieve as close to symmetry as possible w/procedure while also getting a full C cup & cleavage. Prior I was a 34B on my L breast and a 34A on my R breast. My doctor is extremely nice. However when I went in for my fitting we picked out 425CC implants on one side & a bit less on the other side. After I was told she put 375CC High profile in R breast and only 210CC low profile in L breast. Will they even out more?

Implants

When one is dealing with significant asymmetry, it can be difficult to know exactly what will look right until you are in the OR. This sometimes leads to implant volume changes.

Post op Asymmetry

Hi,Thank you for your question and your photos.  I am going to start by saying you look great!  This may not be what you want to hear but you look very natural and have probably achieved your goal of a full C cup and cleavage. You are only 3 weeks post op and you can expect the breasts to "settle" so you will see subtle changes over the next few months that will result in improved symmetry.  Often, with breasts that demonstrate a large difference pre operatively, it is necessary to make intra operative decisions regarding implant size.  Good luck,  Beverly Friedlander, MD

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon