Two stage thigh procedure? Medial thigh lift after vertical. (Photos)

I slhad a thighplasty 3 weeks ago, I've lost 100kg so the quality of my skin is very poor! The surgeon did a vertical thighplasty to the knee, after the procedure he said that he couldn't remove the skin at the top of the thighs as well as the skin where the seem of the trousers would be and I would need to return in a few months for another procedure. I now have two muffin tops on the top of my thighs which rub. My surgeon is ignoring me. What procedure would you recommend now? A medial lift?

Two stage thigh procedure? Medial thigh lift after vertical.

In the past I have either performed the groin incision thigh lift or both the vertical and groin incision thigh lift at the same time.

Vertical thigh lift now what

Following traditional thigh lift, your skin reduction surgeries are customized to your needs. Consider your surgeon as a glorified seamstress who is trying to hem out your extra skin. Skin excision patterns are customized to your needs and placed to maximize removal of skin redundancy while trying to hide incision lines.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Unusual Thigh lift

I've seen the opposite as it is more common: to remove a crescent of skin up by the groin and not do the vertical component. I've never seen what was done to you. Please go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform body contouring. Hopefully, all of the skin between the diverging incisions can be removed for you and more! Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Twostafe thigh lift?

Hello and thank you for your question. Interesting incision.  I have never seen that. He or she did a V to Y incision to keep the scar away from the groin.

Sounds like you have excess skin in the groin now, however. 

You will most likely need an oblique groin excision to get rid of that excess skin as you already had the medial thigh lift.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon