3 weeks post op. Are my nipples too low? Can I fix it? (Photo)

Are my nipples too low? If so, will it get better. Can I fix it? I'm really stressed out and worried that my end results won't be satisfying! Before breast augmentation I was an A cup. I now have 334 silicon implants under the muscle.

Nipples may appear tooFor several weeks after breast augmentation.

Swelling can artificially supports the volume of a breast implant. This may make the nipples appear abnormally position or projection. This should improve with time.

Still too early

In patients with minimal breast tissue to start the skin often looks stretched following breast augmentation. Implants often sit higher as in your case. Over the coming weeks / months the skin of the lower pole should stretch and the implants drop into a more natural position.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Use a bandeau

Your implants are high but they will settle and give the appearance of your nipples being elevated. This might take 6 months. The strap across the top of the breasts, or bandeau may help speed things up. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Nipples

It is not that your nipples are too low, it is that your implants are too high and need  time to drop.  A strap above might help

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Wait for breasts to drop and fluff

It appears that your breasts haven't yet dropped and fluffed. Over the course of three to four months your breasts will soften and the implants will settle into position to appear more natural. Your nipples will also no longer point downward. 

Nipples not too low

As the inferior pole of your breast relaxes the nipple position should improve. It may take several months so try to be patient! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nipples low 3 weeks after breast augmentation

You are early in recovery and the implants should drop and the nipples will look higher. This process continues for 3 months and should get much better. Ask your surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises.

Low nipples

Being 3 weeks PO, you look to have a very nice result. The implants are riding high now and will take about 3-6 months to drop. Please ask your PS, as he may have you start massaging the breasts. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon