Scars and stretch marks; what should I use to help fade the scar around my button from the TT? (Photos)

Hello Although I'm very happy with my results, I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done with my old stretch marks under and on the sides of my belly button. Also what should I use to help fade the scar around my button from the TT? I'm six weeks post.

Treating a tummy tuck scar

I would be conservative at this point and start with Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase PM, Kenalog IIT, and fractional lasers to help smooth your scar. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar on Body, Stretchmarks -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery, Skin Care

and stretchmarks can be treated with combination therapy using
lasers, microneedling with PRP, skin care, chemical peels and
Sculptra injections. They may also need fillers and/or tattoing.
Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hi,There is no magic answer for scars or stretch marks unfortunately. Scars take up to 18 months-24 months to heal and mature and start to fade. The best thing that you can do to help this is to massage massage massage your scars daily for months. Using the tip of your index finger gently massage in a circular motion applying some pressure but use any kind of cream on the scar in between the scar and your finger. This will help to break down the scar tissue making you have a finer scar in the end. Stretch marks are more of a challenge to help treat. Some can naturally fade in color over time but there is no specific cream that will make them disappear. You can help them to fade by applying a gel containing hyaluronic acid or a retinoid as these help to stimulate new cells and collagen growth. (You cannot use retinoid however if you are pregnant).Good luck!