Botched blepharoplasty reconstruction needed. (photos)

The eye length is shorter and pulled down on the top. I'm just so disgusted with how they look. What needs to be done to get them back to normal. Would like to know why a Dr would do this? I had surgery 8/24/2016

Too early to call this "botched"...

The pictures are taken in different fields of gaze. In the pre-operative photographs, it appears that you are using the frontalis muscle. In the first post-operative photo, the frontalis muscle is active, which suggests that you have brow ptosis. The post-operative photos are in down and right gaze. The lids rotate with the eyeballs which affects the lid positions in the photos. I see swelling - and this should continue to improve. If you are not happy with your results at 4-6 months, I would recommend seeing your original surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon for re-evaluation of your concerns. Best wishes for improvement.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botched blepharoplasty?

it looks like you had ptosis before that you compensated for by bringing your brows up. Now that your eyelids are fixed (but still somewhat swollen), you don't need to physically raise your eyebrows up. Sometimes, looking "surprised" can be confused with looking more "awake". 

The photo that you posted with the sutures in place do not look disfiguring to me. In fact, I often give patients a choice between a fast self absorbing clear suture vs. a non-absorbing blue or black suture understanding that I believe that scar quality is better long term using non-absorbing blue or black sutures. 

It seems that many of your concerns are more miscommunication with your surgeon. I would let him/her know your concerns in person, giving him or her a chance to explain. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Agree that this is very early from surgery.

That means that the swelling will improve.  I suspect you will still be unhappy with your result.  I assure you that your surgeon did his or her best.  That is not the same as doing a surgery that makes you happy.  I suspect that your surgery has resulted in a disinsertion of the anterior levator aponeurosis tendon in your eyelid with loss of eye lash support.  This is correctable and the video below shows how this is addressed.  Your mid face is swollen now but it may also need help once the dust has settled down.  I encourage you to repost here after a couple more months of healing.

Your photos do not show anything botched

and if you want to find out how you really look, you need to let all the filler resorb so you can have a better idea of where you are starting from.  Close up photos are needed of the eyes if you want comments about your results.  Asymmetry of the face is 100% normal and your differences from one side to the other are very difficult to appreciate.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post blepharoplasty

You are still pretty early in the healing phase so will have some swelling.  These pictures are not great for showing what bothers you.  In the one with the stitches, it all looks pretty good.  The upper lid incision may be a little low laterally, but that usually heals up fine.  You may be a candidate for a temporal brow lift to help open up the outer corner.  As the swelling goes down this may go up some on its own.  Some Botox to the outer brow may also help.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon