Permalip. My lips still seem protruded and duck like

Its about the fourth day since I got the 4mm in my top lip and my lips still seem protruded and duck like. I don't know if its swelling so will the lip look thinner in a couple of days. Thank you

Lip implants - still look like a duck on day 4

Thank you for asking about your lip implants.

The lip swells a lot after implants. It takes at least a week to see improvement in the swelling and at least two weeks to feel normal. It will take six weeks for most of the swelling to subside and as long as six months for the final swelling to be done. So what you describe is totally normal and will definitely improve.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Permalip early appearance

Thank you for your question about lip implants. Swelling in the early period following lip implant placement may be substantial. This swelling typically reaches a maximum within about 24 hours following the procedure, then improves daily so that it is mostly (but not entirely) resolved by 7 days after the procedure. If you have specific concerns, you should always contact your surgeon, who is in the best position to advise you.

James M. Pearson, MD