Is it normal for the nose to look like a pig or zombie-like about a week after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I just got rhinoplasty and still horrified at the result. I don't know whether seeing this is normal but it kind of looks like micheal jackson's nose. Please let me know if patients usually express the same feelings or if I should consider revision. The first pic is my original nose ,the others are after the procedure

Pig like after rhinoplasty

This is a very common concern early after surgery and due to the swelling that occurs in the early postoperative period. This typically improves over a 3 week period.

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only  one week after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Early recovery after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. One week is very early in the recovery period to judge the aesthetics of the nose. The swelling can make the nose look a little weird so give it a little time and follow up with your surgeon. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD

Swelling

You just had surgery and you are going to be very swollen. Now you have to give it time to heal. Best of luck.

Is it normal for the nose to look like a pig or zombie-like about a week after rhinoplasty?

Based on the pictures, this looks normal one week after rhinoplasty. It takes time for the swelling to go away. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Too soon to judge your results

I so understand how frustrating it is to not have your final results immediately, but what you are experiencing is totally normal. Your nose is still swollen and will continue to be so in varying degrees for the next few months so don't be surprised if the look of your nose changes. The swelling can also often be asymmetric. In general, most should subside within 6 months to a year. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon