6 weeks post op Breast Augmentation w/ lift. Should I start contemplating a revision to correct sagging? (photos)

I had a breast lift (when I asked what type I was told "just a lift") with 250 cc unders.The right side seems substantially larger, fuller, and droopier. When I asked my ps about this he said "they're fine and the right side probably just hasnt dropped yet". To me, the shape of the breast is all together different. The side is fuller, cleavage area is sagging and it points downward.He doesn't listen to me and it seems my questions offend him. I know its early but I want to prepare for my options

6 wks revision?

While it is difficult to discern from pictures alone whether you would benefit from a revision of any kind. 6 wks is very early to pass any judgements. 

I would recommend waiting at least 3 months to allow for healing/settling. If, at that time, your concerns persist, you can discuss revision with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op Breast Augmentation w/ lift. Should I start contemplating a revision to correct sagging?

I would give it few months to heal- 6 weeks post-op too early. If after 3-6 months you're still unhappy- then discuss a possibility of explant and mastopexy revision without re-augmentation with implant.

After reviewing your befores and afters I believe your asymmetry and asymmetric N/A complexes are better but YEs a secondary surgery is needed... 

Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

In your before photographs, your breasts were asymmetrical in volume, shape, position and they were drooping.Augmentation with a circumareola incision did not reposition your breast tissue higher.I recommend a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.You will need this revision because your breasts are still asymmetrical in volume, shape and position.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Considering revision

Thank you for your pictures. Six weeks is too early to contemplate vision. I would a solid three months after your procedure to evaluate your true result. In my opinion it seems like you probably have enough breast tissue that you don't even need a 250 mL implants. You just need a very nicely perform for breast lift/reduction.

Time to heal

You need to give it about 4 months or so to heal.  The implant can be riding high and make take time to settle. Best of luck.

Breast implants with lift, 6 weeks post op - revision?

It is too early for revision surgery or to determine the final outcome because your breasts will change for up to 6-12 months.   Recovery is individual, but asymmetry is also normal and many patients find that one breast will settle more quickly than the other.  Be patient and re-assess your results in a few months time.  You may find that they become more symmetrical and that you start to like your results.  If you do, then wait longer and see how you feel.  If you are still unhappy, then you can start thinking about revision.  Best of luck.

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Revision

You will want to wait at least a total of 3 months before contemplating a revision. You may end up needing, but things should heal first.

Augmentation vs lift

First of all - it is too early to determine your final outcome.
Second of all you could predict this initial result based on your preoperative photos that reveal that your right breast has more droop then your left.
I suggest that you wait and see if the right implant will "drop" and fill up  the skin envelope and make your breasts more symmetric.
If your preoperative shape is asymmetric then your postoperative shape with equal sized implants will also be asymmetric  - just larger.