BBL. (photo)

I do not want a large derrière, just want to supplement the missing fat and have a natural rounded appearance that is not prominent. What should I tell the surgeon so that I do not end up with undesirable results?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to have tummy tuck with muscle repair to have better results since you have abdominal extra skin. Also of course you have enough fat to perform a bbl, it will give you more volume.!!

BBL. (photo)

A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a full body examination and give you the best advice. I would recommend bringing in some pictures of the buttock size/shapes you desire. You may also want to consider visiting an office that offers 3D simulators so you can actually see your body and how it would look with different amounts of fat injected into it. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing a photo. A BBL is a great way to address your concerns. When you speak with your surgeon, bring in "wish" photos of women who have a body type similar to yours. Make sure you're working with a surgeon who's before and after pictures show natural results that are similar to what you'd like to see. Ultimately, it's important to work with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area whom you feel comfortable with. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

It is important for you to discuss your desires before surgery so that your goals can be acconplished. Best of luck.

A subtle buttock lift

Buttock sculpting can be done with a combination of liposuction and fat injection. It is important to discuss with your surgeon the specific shape and projection of your buttock that you desire. Bring in photos of yourself (if you used to like your but shape) or other images of buttock spaces your prefer to help your surgeon create a treatment plan that could work for you. 

Christine Hamori, MD

Getting The Right Results

Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon, and have a consultation.  Explain to your doctor thoroughly what you want your desired results to be.  Also maybe find some pictures of the butts and bodies you like from the internet to help picture what your looking for.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz