What is this? I am 2 weeks post op today. (photos)

The past few days I noticed this separation or something happening. Is this normal? What is it? It's only on my right breast, which has dropped much faster than the left. I have sent these texts to my plastic surgeon but I am really nervous about things going wrong.

Breast augmentation

Usually I would recommend patients wear a support bra for 6 weeks and I would try not to be concerned at this time. If your PS does not advise support bras I would direct your question to him/her and await the reply. Irregularities usually settle and it can take 3-6 months.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant may be dropping too much

It is hard to say just from photos, but it may be that your implant on that side is dropping below the intended inframammary fold.  See what your surgeon says.  You may need to wear a strap or underwire bra to keep it from worsening.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Your breast look good for 2 weeks postop.  The changes in your breast will continue as the edema resolves and as your breast implants settle.  Please make an appointment with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him.  Take your bra to your appointment and make certain it is the right one for you.  Good luck

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble?

It may be an early double bubble that you are experiencing, but it is very early in the healing process. Best to give it time to heal. your  surgeon may want you to wear a band along the lower fold. Best of luck.

Double bubble after breast augmentation?

Overall, you look like you got a great result.  It's hard to be completely sure of what you are seeing because we just have 2 pics.  An in-person exam is going to be your best bet.  From what I can see, it appears that you have a mild "double-bubble".  It you feel the area that you are pointing to, you will likely feel the implant directly under the skin.  Ask your PS for details.

What is this? I am 2 weeks post op today.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It is common to see subtle changes in your breast appearance as the swelling from surgery resolves, the volume within the implants redistributes towards the lower portion of your breast, and your breast skin stretches/relaxes.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what the area of separation is but at two weeks after surgery remember that it often takes 3-6 months to reach your long-term appearance.  I would make an in-person appointment to be seen by your surgeon for reassurance.  Hope this helps.