I'm worried about being so young and getting smart Lipo. Is it safe?

I'm a 19 year old female. I ride horses, run 4-5 miles per week, and eat healthy. I lost 20 lbs recently and my upper thighs are still very big. I have stretch marks and they get SO irritated from the rubbing. I have a consult with Dr. Jason Miller of renewal body contouring tomorrow and am very excited/nervous. I guess I'm curious if anyone else has had it done at a young age, and wha their results were?

Smart Lipo

I would wait until you have your consultation because that’s when you will get your most accurate answers. From your age and problem areas your describing, you seem to be a good candidate seeing as you are young, healthy and will have good skin elasticity.I offer Smartlipo Triplex for patients in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas looking for a minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction. SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

19 years old is fine for Smartlipo

you should get a very good result from Smartlipo since you are likely to have good skin tone, being so young. Smartlipo should be an excellent choice for you. Remember you will continue to improve for 6 months and it can take up to 2 months to see a difference, so be patient. you may want to ask for an oral sedation since you sound nervous (you will need someone to drive you.)good luckdavid berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo at young age

You definitely can do SmartLipo at your age. Remember, SmartLipo is performed to reduce fatty areas on your body that just won't go away with exercise and diet. It is for contouring of your body. Most likely these bulges are genetic and will only go away with such techniques. Good luck

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Smart lipo is effective for fat reduction of the upper thighs in many women

The best candidates for upper inner thighs lipo have relatively tight skin. If the skin is loose and saggy, there is a risk for skin wrinkling regardless of laser. Younger patient usually have the best skin quality.