Weight gain after coolsculpting. Is it still swelling? (Photo)

Hello I had my procedure done 5 weeks ago of my outter and inner thighs. However since this procedure I have literally blown up like a ballon I feel like. My stomach is always bloated I feel huge and I am up in my weight despite my low calorie intake and daily exercises. This has me worried for a potential bad reaction. Is it possible that this could still be swelling due to my body try to get rid of the cells? If so why would my stomach be swollen and bloated as well?

Swelling after Coolsculpting

Likely you are still swollen from the treatment, but if you are concerned it is best to have an in person evaluation of the treated area. 

Livingston Physician

Weight gain after CoolSculpting. Is it still swelling?

Coolsculpting is a no surgical non invasive fat reduction treatment. Generally we don't anticipate a weight change after Coolsculpting. Immediately following treatment there is some swelling. So if multiple areas are treated this may result in a very slight weight gain (maybe 1-2 lbs at the most). However, several weeks after treatment often clients are motivated by their results and proceed with a more rigorous diet and exercise program which typically results in weight loss. If more muscle is built then weight gain can be seen.

Swelling and Weight Gain after CoolSculpting

It is not uncommon to have post swelling but it usually occurs in the area that was treated. It typically takes 2-3 months to see peak results. I would suggest seeing your provider at your 2 mo follow up to discuss outcome and additional treatments. Best of luck!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Weight Gain or Swelling After Coolsculpting

I suggest a formal consultation.  It takes 2-3 months from coolsculpting to see the final results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight Gain Or Swelling After CoolSculpting?

Swelling can occur after CoolSculpting, but it is usually confined to the areas that were treated. Treatment of your thighs should have no effect on your abdomen. It is possible you may have gained weight. Your pictures don't show much. The best thing to do is to follow up with your treatment provider and tell them what's going on. Have them compare your before and after photos and take your weight and compare it to before the treatment. Remember, it can take up to 3 months to see the full results of a CoolSculpting treatment. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Post CoolSculpt Treatment Swelling

Thank you for your question and photos.  THe most likely scenario is that you have post procedure swelling that has worsened slightly since increasing your activities.  Despite, the no downtime marketing, Cool Sculpting is a procedure and you will have swelling and recovery.  Injured tissues typically take 6-9 months for swelling to resolve completely.  By 4 months approximately 85% should be gone.  In the mean time, wearing a compression garment can help manage the swelling.  You will need to give things more time to see your final outcome.  There is a rare condition that where CoolSculpting causes fat growth, but that is very unlikely in your case.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Weight gain after Coolsculpting

Weight gain is not typical after Coolsculpting.  It is difficult to see what is going on from the photos but I would urge you to return to your treating physician for examination.

Weight gain after Cool Sculpting

I appreciate your question regarding weight gain after Cool Sculpting.  I would contact the office that did your treatment.  Results are typically not seen until 8-12 weeks post treatment.  

Weight gain after coolsculpting

Any Coolsculpting treatments done on your thighs should have no effect on your abdomen.  You should follow up with the provider that performed your treatment and review your before and after photos with them as well as your weight (and or measurements) at the time of your first treatment.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to see anything significant from the photos you posted.  The results from your Coolsculpting can still take several weeks to become noticeable and you may require additional treatments as well to achieve optimal results. Good luck. 

Grant Stevens, MD