I would like a tighter face that doesn't look so sad when I have a straight face?

I would like a tighter face that doesn't look so sad when I have a straight face. I want all the saggingess gone and my eyes not to look so week. Also wondering what to do with my chin that appears to have a line deep set in it. Any suggestions on what to do would be helpful. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 11

Nonsurgical options for a full face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for the questions and pics.  You have a young, full face, which will serve you well, as you age.  For the upper 1/3rd of your face (from frontal hairline to the root of the nose), a  few units of Botox in between the brows could arch your eyebrows and brighten your eyes.  Your middle 1/3rd (from root of nose to upper lip) is remarkable for full cheeks, which are considered very desirable. Liposuction in the face is rarely recommended or successful, however you might consider nonsurgical "solutions" such as Ultherapy to "tighten" both the mid and lower face and chin.  As far as the labiomental groove = deep set chin line, fillers may help but will have to be repeated.  Nonsurgical options give you the opportunity to treat and assess the results, before signing up for anything permanent.  Good luck. 

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 58 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. There are many types of facelift including the S-lift, Weekend Necklift, Direct Necklift, SMAS lift, deep plan lift and so forth. The truth is that just as every face is unique, every facelift procedure should be tailor made to suit the individual patient's set of concerns. Please consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Candidate for a facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

You might also like...

Reduce sagging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. There are many different types of facelifts to choose from. I have pioneered the Concept Facelift which is performed under local anaesthetic and addresses the mid to lower face. I make a very small incision in front of the ear and use absorbable stitches. The scars are slightly red for a couple of weeks but after a month you can hardly notice them. This is one of the main differences between the Concept facelift and a more traditional facelift which has a much larger scar. Another difference is that as I perform this surgery under local anaesthetic the recovery time is much quicker. There is also no need for drains or bandages and you will be in and out of the clinic within a few hours. Bruising is minimal - if any and there is only a small bit of swelling for the first few days post surgery.You can also combine your facelift with a neck lift. This gives fantastic results and goes hand in hand. Liposuction can also remove the fat in the neck but I would advice having a neck lift if you have lipo so that you do not have any sagging skin. I would advise to do your research and go for consultations. Try and ask lots of questions and hopefully you will find the right surgeon to achieve your desired look. I wish you all the best.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 334 reviews

Sad face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I personally don't feel you look sad when you are smiling. Overall, you have a nice, youthful look. Your first photo is looking down, which makes anyone look worse than normal. Your second photo is looking up and smiling, and you look great. I'd recommend an evaluation by a specialist in facial rejuvenation so all of your options can be discussed, but I'm guessing that a little Botox and filler can give you the improvements you are looking for.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Improve my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your facial appearance.
  • You have a lovely face -
  • I actually don't see the need for fillers or Botox
  • Your photo taken when you are not smiling is looking downward and makes your eyes look drooping which in smiling they are not.
  • If you think there are things that trouble you, a plastic surgery consultation may be more helpful than a single photo -
  • Photos do not tell the whole story.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facial rejuvenation options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In reviewing your pictures you're very pretty.  I would recommend a variety of nonsurgical options to improve your facial balance and proportion. I believe you would benefit from dermal filler injections to create more height and definition in the cheek area. Nonsurgical browlift using a combination of Botox and fillers would open your eyes nicely. Good skin care to create radiant skin would be beneficial for many years to come.
Hope this helps

What can I do to help improve my facial appearance?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for the  question.  You didn't mention what your age category is, because this may be important to know.  What I do notice is that you look younger with full cheeks and a fuller face in general.  Aging often diminishes the fullness of the soft tissue of the face, but on this very brief evaluation I don't think you need to worry about this.  You have a very nice full face.  To me, your eyebrows are high enough and should not require  Botox for elevation, in my opinion.  I do think there may be a need for some filler to the lower eyelids as well as th horizontal fold that you have in the chin area.  I  must say that I would not consider surgical improvements.  This should not be necessary at this age, I believe
As you can tell, it remains somewhat difficult to direct you properly without a full history and physical examination.  I would always direct you to find a local Plastic Surgeon that you feel could help you
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Sad Appearing Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Roxanna,  Thank your for posting your photographs with your interesting question. Most of the aging of the face, at your age, is due to loss of bone volume. As the bone changes, the soft tissue slides in a characteristic way. Fillers restore this lost volume and give a rested and youthful appearance.  In particular, the eyes give you the sad appearance. I recommend Restylane filler injections to the lower eyelids which will restore the lost volume of your lower eyelids and correct the tired looking appearance. I would recommend a filler like Radiesse to restore the lost volume in your upper outer cheeks, nasolabial folds and chin area, particularly the chin crease that you describe. You can bring a photograph of yourself from 5 years ago at the time of your consultation to review with your doctor. I recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with these filler injections who can examine you, discuss your goals and your best treatment options and answer all of your questions. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.