Swelling 10 days out with pain inside. 10 days post-op TT. (photos)

I had my tummy tuck with lipo done 10 days ago and am having such pain with you the swelling . It hurts mostly on my right side with itching at the incision site on that side I'll post before and after so you can compare. Does this look normal for 10 day recovery and when will the pain and itch of swelling go away. Thank you in advance!

Pain after a tummy tuck

If you are having issues post-op, then you should see your surgeon for your concerns. Best of luck..

Pain and swelling after tummy tuck

Pain and swelling After tummy tuck can last for several months. This is part of the normal healing process. Based on your pictures, I do not see anything particularly concerning or abnormal.   However pictures are no substitute for an examination and evaluation by your surgeon.   If you are concerned, I encourage you to follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes to you! 

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Abdominal Swelling 10 Days Post Op

Thank you for your question and photos. Significant swelling over the abdomen can be expected for at least a few weeks and residual swelling will last many months. Itching sensations as incisions begin to heal can also be common. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know about your concerns and certainly let them know if you have sudden, concerning changes or discomfort.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD