Saving implant after exposure? (Photo)

One week after my breast augmentation and lift my right breast incision became infected. The infection was persistent and 3 weeks post op the implant became slightly exposed. My plastic surgeon cleaned out the pocket and restitched the incision. He is on vacation this week so I'm just wondering if this looks to be healing properly? This is one week after closing the exposed area. I know it's hard to save an implant, but I want to know if this looks ok for now and if my chances seem better...

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Implant issue

There are reports of salvage of implants with exposure.  You should follow closely with your surgeon's coverage doctor if he is out of town.

Saving An Implant

Thank you for your question and photo.  I am sorry to hear about your challenging recovery.  It is very reasonable to try to save your implant if there was either superficial infection or separation.  Most surgeons would agree with the approach that your surgeon has recommended.  So far things look reasonable, but photos don't tell the whole picture.  We do not have the benefit to see where things started, there are lighting/magnification issues, and sutures themselves can cause reactions.  I would continue to monitor for signs of a temperature, pain, redness and drainage.  Continue with a high protein diet to aid in healing and take any antibiotics you were prescribed as directed. Best wishes on your recovery.

Saving implant after exposure?

Appears at this point OK. But understand the low %s of saving an exposed implant! Plus the high potential of a cc.

Implant salvage

Right now your incision looks fine and appears to be healing. However, you have now been through an implant infection followed closely by an implant exposure. Either of the problems lead to a much higher rate on reinfection or late capsular contracture. Hopefully all will go well. Good luck.

Saving implant after exposure?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Though your picture does not demonstrate any areas of concern I am sure that your surgeon discussed with you the increased risks entailed with attempting to salvage an exposed implant.  At this point the best course is to maintain close follow up with your surgeon and alert the office in cases of any local or constitutional symptoms concerning for an infection - increased breast swelling, redness, or pain, or fevers, chills, nausea and vomiting.  Best wishes!