How do I prioritize and maximize procedures when considering body contouring? (Photo)

I recently lost about 70 lbs. I am 5'4 and am weight stable at 120-123 lbs. I currently wear a size 2-4. I feel like I need everything lifted. I am scheduling consultations with surgeons, and I don't even know what to prioritize. My answer is "what's visible when I'm dressed", so arm and leg procedures, but I know that both of those are more easily combined with a complimentary major procedure, like breat-tummy-arm, or lower body-tummy, etc. Any advice?

Body lifting - what comes first?

Thank you for your question about your body lifts.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • There isn't a right or wrong approach but usually the lower body lift is done at the start -
  • It will affect what is done with the thigh lift. 
  • Depending on how long it takes, it can be combined with an arm lift or breast surgery.
  • I suggest at your consultation you take a wish list - and during the consultation discuss what can be done at one time and your best approach since a lot depends on the exam.
  • Being so slim, it is likely more can be done at one time than usual - surgery tends to take less time in a petite person.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Prioritize my procedures

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look good. Now you need to see a ps who specializes in post massive weight loss body contouring.  Don't know your age but you are one of the few patients that I would do all 4 procedures that you need at one surgical session. Obviously better to break up into 2 seperate sessions and if so would suggest doing at the 1st session.
Lower body lift with auto augmentation of the buttocks and  (in my hands the hips as well to maintain and or increase your hip / waist ratio and therefore maintain your hour glass figure)
Arm lift.
At the,second surgery typically 3 months later.
Thigh lift and breast lift.
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Prioritizing body contouring

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Most patients elect to start their body contouring with the issue that is most bothersome to them, and that is usually the excess skin at the abdomen and lower torso.  A lower body lift is a very powerful place to start since it will address multiple areas--the abdomen, lower back, buttocks, and the outside contour of the thighs.  As a second stage, the remainder can be accomplished--the breast lift (implants would add upper pole fullness), arm lift (brachioplasty), and medial (inner) thigh lift.  Best wishes for beautiful results!

Body Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a body lift. Having an in person consultation to discuss your concerns will be your best option. From your photos, you are a good canadaite for a body lift. Depnding on your exam, it is best to spilt up lower and upper body lift surgeries for best results. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Total body Lift

Specialized centers will provide you the opportunity to eliminate all skin redundancies from your entire body in a single session, called a Total body Lift. A total boy lift will allow you to remove skin redundancies from: arms, breasts, abdomen, back, armpit, pubic region, flanks, buttocks, lateral and medial thighs in a single session. Please see example of patients below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Body lifting

Congrats on your weight loss. You have a lot of skin lifting procedures that can be done and can have several done at the same time. You should see a surgeon that does a lot of this major body lifting and they will have strong feelings about how to group the procedures. I would have to see you in person, but likely would recommend the breast, arms and abdomen in the first procedure. Then medial thighs, buttock/lateral thigh lift, and upper thoracoplastyif needed] as a second procedure. I like to do the tummy tuck and butt/lateral thigh lift in separate procedures since I can tighten them in separate procedures more than I can in one procedure since you can not be bent over and stand tall post op at the same time. Anyway see surgeons who do this a lot and you like their post op results. Good luck.

How do I prioritize and maximize procedures when considering body contouring?

Congrats on massive weight loss. I would offer an extended Full TT with Full Lift as stage 1. After 3 months arms and implants with possible thighs. Or even separate those to additional ops. Only in preson examination would allow that determination..