What plastic surgery options would be best for me? (Photo)

My eyelids and cheek bones seem to constantly be drouping in all of my photos. I'm just seeing if there's anything out there that might help. Thank you

Doctor Answers 7

Drooping eyelids and cheeks

Your photographs show flat cheekbones and probable ptosis of the upper eyelids. One option is to start with eyelid evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon and consider a filler such as Juvederm Voluma to augment the cheeks. Your photos are taken in downgaze, but the frontalis muscle is active - this suggests that the levators may be dehisced. The creases are high, another clue to levator dehiscence. An Oculoplastic surgeon has the most experience to give you optimal results with repair of the eyelids. This will involve adjusting the lid crease, advancing and attaching the levator to provide an optimal curve, removal of a modest amount of skin and maintaining a masculine appearance of the lids. Filler would be an intermediate step to see how much cheek augmentation you need or want. A Facial Plastic Surgeon could provide guidance and suggestions for this. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Facial Plastic Surgery Options

This is a difficult question to answer.  You are a good looking guy, and you need to have a consultation so your facial plastic surgeon can understand your concerns and explain the principals of facial aesthetics.  Overall, you have the face of someone who exercises frequently.  You have a strong jawline and weakness in the cheek bone structure.  This combined with a skinny or fat depleted face can give your the appearance of drooping.  You have many surgical and non-surgical options to enhance your facial balance.  I hope this helps.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

Droopy face

The good news is that there are things that can be done to change your appearance. I highly recommend getting a good physical examination by a board-certified plastic surgeon. It is possible that there are some differences in your underlying bone structure that would mean you needed a more comprehensive and complex procedure. However, there are many things that can be done. You could use some more volume on your cheek bones and the outer corners of your eyes are low set. Changing these two things would make you look less droopy. I just can't tell by the photos what else may be going on. Find a good surgeon and make an appointment. There are some teaching programs in North Carolina as well. These are another option. UNC has a plastics residency.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Cheek implants for flat cheek profile

Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile.  The implants are composed of Silastic, and are placed for patients  who desire more augmentation in that area.  Cheek implants are usually placed through an intraoral approach under brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes( malar, and sub-malar). For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Eyelids and cheek bones

Your photos are not very helpful. AN in-office exam would be beneficial to figure out what would be best of you.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews


You've heard it before. You resemble Troy Aikman the retired NFL quarterback.You will need to be seen in person to evaluate eyelid position/excursion, cheekbone position including relative to the globe of the eye. Sometimes it is simple, sometimes it is just a "camouflage procedure" and sometimes it is more extensive.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 79 reviews


nickr6, don't see anything jumping out at me but if you wish more information see an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and is board certified. See the video. Perhaps cheek implants someday; start with filler. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.