Necrosis? I had tummy tuck 2 days ago. (photo)

I'm worried about this area...could it be necrosis or is it just a natural part of healing. It isn't leaking or bleeding.

HEALING AFTER TUMMY TUCK

You have to get examined by your doctor if you have any doubt about your healing, skin necrosis is visible in the first days after surgery but right now it is not possible to tell if you have skin necrosis with your current photos. Good Luck!

Necrosis? I had tummy tuck 2 days ago.

Thank you for your question. After the Tummy Tuck operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will have stiches and bandages which will be removed after the 10th day. You can start to do your daily activities 3 days after the operation but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Necrosis?

Thank you for your question and photo!  It is very difficult to assess whats going on from the picture and without an exam.  I would call your surgeon and try to be seen soon to find out whats going on and what to do about it if anything!  Good luck!

Dr. Tag

Post op healing

It is impossible to say from this photograph. I would definitely advise you to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have this looked at in person. Always best to err on the side of caution.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question and photo. It is difficult to assess what is going on from the photo provided. It is best to have an in-person examination from your plastic surgeon. I suggest scheduling a follow up appointment this week. Hope this helps.

Incision

Thank you for your question.  It would be best to talk to your surgeon with any questions about healing.  IT is hard to tell from the one picture what is going on (just blood under a steristrip vs something else).  Surgeons want to be there for their patients and know if something is concerning.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Necrosis?

Hello!

Thank you for the question and the photo.  It's hard to give you an accurate response regarding your concern thru pictures.  Knowing that you had your surgery recently, it would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get his/her advice regarding the matter.  Best of luck.  Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Unlikely

and impossible to tell with your steri strips in place. That is just some blood/body fluid that has soaked through the steri strip and now has that appearance, which is very common. only time will tell if your wounds will heal without issues, best to listen to your surgeons post-op advice and things should be ok. 

Worried 2 days after tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

It is not possible to tell you what is going on through the steristrips. Necrosis seems unlikely.

You have just had surgery - please direct your question to your own surgeon. You have paid her/him for this in your surgical fee - you cannot get good post-operative care unless you keep your surgeon fully informed and in charge.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS