Am I too old for a "Mommy Makeover" ?

I am a 50 yr old mother of 5 children. In 1998, I lost 134 pounds. I have maintained my loss, but now, more than ever, my skin is awful. 3 years ago, I had a hysterectomy. My OB/GYN oncologist was amazing. I still have a 12 inch scar on my stomach to add to my dislike.

Too old for a Mommy Makeover?

Thanks for your question.  No, 50 is definitely not too old for a mommy makeover.  Far more important is your health history and current health status.  Be sure to consult with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Best to you.  -Dr. Coan.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

No age restriction

As long as you are physiologically fit for surgery, there is no age restriction. In the case of an elective surgery such as this one, all patients need to be in anesthesia class 1 or 2 as defined by the American Society of Anesthesiologists in order to have surgery. Consult an experienced, board certified PS in your area to discuss your options. Best regards.

Jaime Perez, MD

Am I too old for a "Mommy Makeover" ?

Overall health is far more important than your actual age. If you are in good health you can have cosmetic surgery. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to come up with the best treatment plan. Good luck. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Am I too old for a "Mommy Makeover"?

Thanks for your question. You are certainly not too old to undergo procedure. As long as you receive medical clearance from your primary physician, you should be fine. Meet with a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your options. 

Your general health will be a factor in planning surgery but your age would not preclude you. You should book an in-person consultation with a qualified Plastic surgeon to review all options and procedures that may benefit you. It's never too late to take steps toward being more comfortable with your body. Best of luck!

Age 50 is not too old for a mommy makeover.

You're not too old at all. If in good health you should expect to get an excellent result from a mommy makeover which is a reward for the effort put forth in losing weight.

Too old for mommie makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Your age alone would not disqualify you.  Whether you are a candidate would depend on your overall health.  Also, with that much weight loss you may require more than a standard tummy tuck for the abdomen.  You may benefit more from an extended abdominoplasty or a circumferential abdominal procedure such as a belt lipectomy or a lower body lift.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your options.  Best Wishes.

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Too old for a mommy makeover?

Of course not!  :)  As long as you're medically cleared before surgery just like everyone else and you have a body shape that warrants cosmetic surgery then you should be good to go.

Appropriate age for tummy tuck

Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss!!!! If you're otherwise healthy and have no issues needing to be cleared before surgery, I believe you're a perfect candidate for an abdominoplasty! Best to have a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over the specifics. 

Thank you for your question and good luck!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Not too old

Congratulations on your weight loss! Chronological age does not determine your ability to undergo surgical procedures rather your overall health determines whether a patient is suitable for general anesthesia. At your consultation a Board Certified Plastic Surgery will review your past medical and surgical history, your medications and other pertinent information then order appropriate tests as needed and likely refer you to your primary care doctor for review.

Good Luck!

Jarrod Daniel, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon