To Lipo or not? (Photos)

I had a TT 2 years ago so the best part of my body is the lower abdomen which is completely flat. However, fat has accumulated in my upper abdomen and back. I went for a coolsculpting consult but I don't think that will be sufficient even though they were willing to do it. I am fine with my overall body size as I've always had big hips and big breasts. I just want a smoother tighter contour. Anything Ive tried to lose weight has been impossible. Suggestions please?

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures and information. You do seem to be a good candidate for lipsocution of the back and upper abdomen. This procedure will help you achieve the contour you desire. You will need to make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Liposuction may be a reasonable option to treat the upper abdomen. One would have to be evaluated first.

Liposuction for a better shape?

Thank you for asking about your liposuctino.

• You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the back and upper abdomen.
  • However an exam is needed to be sure the abdominal fat is under the skin, not internal.
  • You should plan to lose 10 pounds after liposuction in order to keep the fat from returning to new areas.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction or not?

Hi - thanks for your question. From your photographs I would suggest that you are a good candidate for liposuction to further improve your body contour.  I would comment that you are unlikely to see significant reduction in fat content from coolsculpt and would require multiple goes to see much of a result.  Good luck

To Lipo or not?

Thank you for your question. you are a good candidate for Liposuction however you will need to consult on one on examination with a plastic surgeon for final evaluation. 

To Lipo or not?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you would be a good liposuction candidate to reduce the overall size of your back/flanks without leaving you excess skin but your abdomen deserves an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment.  If your rounded upper abdominal appearance is due to fatty accumulation this too can be liposuctioned but if due either to visceral fat or muscle laxity another treatment such as diet and exercise or a muscle tightening procedure may be needed.  Hope this helps.

To Lipo or not?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well! by your pictures you look to be a good candidate for liposuction, but I highly recommend to make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Goo luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Good candidate for liposuction surgery?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants cannot provide you with specific recommendations but some general thoughts may be helpful to you.  I can tell you that whether or not you will be a good candidate for liposuction surgery will depend greatly on your physical examination and your personal goals/expectations.

Generally speaking, a good candidate for liposuction surgery is a patient who presents with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue isolated to specific areas. These patients are not  looking for a weight loss solution.  Having said that,  patients do not  necessarily have to be at their ideal weight; " ideal weight” can be somewhat arbitrary and is not an  absolute criteria in determining candidates for the procedure.

Good skin elasticity is also an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or gain/lose weight we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

Ultimately, it will be be in your best interests to seek in person consultation with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons  the can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Candidate For Liposuction

Based on your photos it appears that you are a candidate for liposuction of the upper abdomen, flanks and hips.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person exam to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Liposuction - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for liposuction of the upper abdomen, flanks, and hips. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.