Will my left side even out? Full on top. (Photo)

Surgery 12/23/15, 475cc in my left 425cc in my right, HP. My left side is a lot higher/fuller at the top. Will that ever go down or will they be uneven? It's not super noticeable with a sports bra on, haven't worn regular bra yet. my sports bras are always tighter around my boob on that side. They were not symmetrical to begin with. I got the okay to massage my left side, at my 1 month appt. not seeing much change since then. In my pictures it's the right side, but my left boob, that is still high.

Will my left side even out?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Sometimes it takes up to 6 months for implants to settle.  Also, they do not always settle at the same rate.  I would continue to follow your surgeon's post op protocol and try to be patient although I know this can be difficult.  Best of luck and hang in there!

Dr. Tag

Will my left side even out? Full on top.

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I can see your area of concern but would currently recommend allowing your results to mature for at least 6 months from surgery.  You had some starting asymmetry with your left breast sitting higher on your chest than your right, and with placement of a larger implant it is contributing to much of your current appearance.  I would anticipate your left breast tissue to relax and achieve a look closer to your right breast so hang in there for a few more months.  

Will my left side even out? Full on top

There are two reasons your lift implant is fuller on top. First, that implant is larger, and it is going to take longer for the tissues to stretch, making it bulge more at the top. The second, and more important reason is that your left breast fold is higher than your right, so your left breast sits naturally higher, and will continue to do so. Over time the asymmetry will become less, but I suspect the left side will always be a little higher, and it is not something you should try to change.

Good luck,
Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Will my left side even out? Full on top

Conitnue to massage as per direction of your chosen surgeon - it may take a few months to settle. Be patient. If there is no change in 6 months you may have to have it fixed surgically. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast asymmetry

Your two breasts were different to begin with, and not the implants have only magnified the difference that you see in the preop.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Unfortunately it appears that your larger breast is both fuller and higher, and there is a possibility that a capsular contracture has developed around it. It is only a little over two months after your surgery and things might still improve over time, but I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to see what he or she recommends. If you feel that a second opinion is appropriate, please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in both primary breast augmentation as well as revision surgery. 

There is evidence in the literature to suggest that Singular (usually prescribed for allergies or asthma) can helps achieve softness in the setting of capsular contracture, but this should only be started with a recommendation by a physician. 

Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Sorry to hear about your asymmetries.  In your pre-op photo, your left breast fold at the bottom of your breast is higher than the right.  You may want to ask your PS if that fold was lowered to try to be level with the other side.  If it wasn't lowered at the time of surgery, then chances are, the left breast will always be a little higher.  Your PS may have decided not to lower the left fold because it may have caused an abnormal nipple tilt on the left.  In other words, if the left implant was lowered, then the left nipple would have tilted upward.
Discuss your concerns with your PS.  Follow any instructions in terms of massaging the breasts.  Most plastic surgeons would wait a minimum of 6 months before considering any revision surgery.  

Left too high

It may come down.You can place a compression strap ie Velcro across  the top of your left breast to see if continuous gentle pressure will cause it to fall.If not the surgeon may have t go back and lower it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pre-existing asymmetry

If you look at your before picture, you can see that the fold of our your left side is higher.  Having said that I don think that the left side is still sitting high and you nipple position is lower.  I would go and talk to your surgeon as massage at this stage may not be enough.

Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS